YVES SAINT LAURENT
Ugghh….time to walk in minus a billion degrees in my wimpy pleather jacket to my car a few blocks away. At least I have music on my phone now…and equally as important. Sunglasses.
Remember that Nelson Mandela was considered a terrorist by many during his lifetime, as someone who fought against
- white supremacy
- forced relocation of South African Natives from their own homelands
- laws restricting South African Natives to reserves encompassing only 7% of the agricultural land
- a pass system for blacks going into “white areas” of South Africa
- the extreme underfunding of the education of black children compared to that of white children by the South African government
and someone who believed in
- the self-determination of African nations
- the necessity of civil disobedience and armed resistance against the violent oppression of a people when other avenues have failed
Never ignore the reality or deny the legitimacy of how oppressed people are forced to fight for their basic human dignity against colonial governments, historically and presently.
Rest in peace now, Mr. Mandela.
1 2 3